As fleet managers prepare for the upcoming 2014 vehicles, we thought this brief overview of vehicle changes may prove useful with regards to selecting Havis products. We\’ve broken up the below updates by manufacturer, and these details are subject to change.
(Last updated on 12/6/13)
2014 Chevrolet/GMC Vehicles
- Tahoe and Suburban have not changed.
- Police Package Impala is the same as 2013, but will be called the “Limited.”
- Retail Impala has changed, and we do not have a product for it at this time.
- Caprice has changed. The shifter has been moved to the steering column, and the dash is different. Trunk, K9 and some console parts may still fit, but this has not been confirmed yet.
- Chevrolet Van has not changed.
- Silverado/Sierra 1500 have changed. A new front hump bracket and C-HDM base plate have not yet been designed.
- Silverado/Sierra 2500 and 3500 will not change until Spring 2014, and they will be referred to as 2015 models. Parts used for 2013 will work in the 2014 models.
- Silverado 3500HD Chassis Cab will not change until Spring 2014, and it will be referred to as a 2015 model. Parts used for 2013 will work in the 2014 model.
2014 Dodge Vehicles
- Charger is the same except for a slight change in the transmission hump due to the all-wheel drive option. The only known product change at this time is the C-HDM base plate. Please use C-HDM-168, PKG-PSM-168 and PKG-PSM-268.
- Durango has changed. The OEM center console shifter will be replaced by a selector knob. Havis Engineering will design product solutions once adequate vehicle information is available.
- Dodge Ram ProMaster Van is to be released later this year. We plan to offer a Kwik Kit and may offer additional products. Product available will be early 2014. Note: The ProMaster Van is primarily the same as the Fiat Ducato Van. The C-HDM-164 base plate should work, but there are no PKG-PSMs at this time.
2014 Ford Vehicles
- Interceptor Sedan and Utility have not changed.
- Full-size “Transit” Van is to be released later this year, and will replace the 2014 E-Series Van after its final cutoff (currently unknown, but will be sometime in 2014). We plan to offer a Kwik Kit, and we may offer additional products. Product will be available early 2014.
- Expedition has not changed.